- the FIM student computer labs with a software environment that is specially adapted to FIM lectures and corresponding exercises.
- FIM online services like gitlab or the team messenger mattermost
- academic software ressources for installation on your (own) device
All you need to create your FIM is your general university account (ZIM account). Guests, who do not have a ZIM account, can apply for a FIM account (please indicate purpose) from Mr. Rautmann (Room 014 IM, Tel. 3013) or Mr. Schießl (Room 017 IM).
Using the FIM Account Management System AMS, you can create and manage your FIM account at https://ams.fim.uni-passau.de. Important: This website is only accessible from devices which are (at least temporary) connected to the intranet of the University of Passau.
Steps to create your FIM account:
- Have your general university account at hand (recognizable by the numbers at the end).
- Open a web browser on a device that is connected to the Uni intranet. You have the following options:
- Log on to a university computer (those are automatically connected to the university intranet). You may use PCs in the ZIM computer pools (use your general university account to logon) or chair computers for this purpose. As you don´t have a FIM account yet, you will not be able to use FIM lab PCs for this purpose.
- Connect your own device to the Uni-Intranet
- On campus: Connect your mobile device or laptop to the university WiFi. Install Eduroam to connect to the university intranet.
- At home: Connect your computer to the Uni-Intranet starting a VPN connection to the university network. Load and install the VPN software. When establishing the connection, select "stud-ext" (students) or "pers-ext" (employees) and use your general university account for authentication.
- Open the FIM-AMS website: https://ams.fim.uni-passau.de and follow the required steps. The most common mistake during the process is to choose an incorrectly structured password (see below, "Password assignment").
- After entering all required data the AMS will send an e-mail containing information about your newly created FIM account to your general university e-mail account. If many users are using the FIM AMS at the same time, the creation of your FIM account may take a few minutes.
If you receive an error message, restart the process from the beginning or get support by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Besides account creation you may use the FIM AMS for the following purposes:
Please note that your password has to meet some rules to be accepted by the AMS:
- It must consist of at least 8 characters
- It must contain at least three characters of the following character classes: lower case, upper case, numbers, special characters
- Currently the following special characters are not allowed: "';'` =!?$*^° <>@#üäöß
- Successive characters must be different, i.e. the character string "AAA" will not be accepted
In case you have problems setting your FIM password, contact the FIM IT Support (either per mail to email@example.com or on campus in room 014 IM). Students must present their Campus Card or a valid photo ID for all account related support actions.