In particular, applicants for use of FIMIT services are obliged to observe the following rules.
The applicant and all parties involved in projects of the applicant commit themselves:
- to use the FIMIT facilities and services only in the context of their scientific work, studies or service tasks; the use for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited.
- to comply with these rules of use and other regulations for the proper operation of the FIMIT facilities, and to follow the instructions of the FIMIT Management in order to maintain an orderly operation.
- to make use of the FIMIT facilities only in the context of the specified purpose.
- not to make copies of the software provided by the FIM.
- not to pass on data and software including documentation provided by the FIM to third parties.
- to observe the provisions of the Bavarian Data Protection Act or the Federal Data Protection Act when processing personal data, in particular to report the relevant files for entry in the data protection register. The notification must be submitted to the data protection officer of the University of Passau. When processing data worthy of protection, timely coordination with the FIMIT Management is required. The user is responsible for compliance with the relevant regulations.
- to refrain from using other than the assigned user ID and to protect the assigned user ID from misuse and use by third parties, in particular not to pass on passwords.
- where essential FIMIT services have been used for scientific publications, this should be noted in an appropriate place in the work. The FIMIT Management is to be provided with a free special edition.
- to provide the FIMIT Management on request with a brief report on the status of a project, which the FIMIT Management can include in activity reports.
Disclaimer of liability
The FIMIT Management does not accept any liability for the hardware and software provided and is not liable for damages and false results which arise due to technical malfunctions or faulty devices and programs. Any further liability is limited to intent and gross negligence.
The user undertakes to indemnify the employees of the FIMIT Management and the Free State of Bavaria against claims for damages to third parties resulting from unauthorised use of equipment, software, data or facilities of the FIMIT Services.