The Dean of Studies:
- ensures that the courses offered are in line with the study and examination regulations, that the degree programmes can be successfully completed within the standard period of study, and that the students receive adequate support,
- has overall responsibility for teaching evaluations, including those from students,
- delivers regular reports on his or her area of responsibility to the Dean and at least once per semester to the Faculty Board and the University Executive,
- submits an annual teaching report; this report does not make reference to individual faculty members,
- makes recommendations to the Dean on the use of funds available for teaching,
- is expected to contribute his or her opinion on the pedagogical aptitude of applicants in appointment procedures.
These duties and responsibilities are laid down in art. 30(2) of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHschG), as amended on 23 May 2006.